30TH CALIFORNIA SENIOR AMATEUR CHAMPIONSHIP
POLICIES, PROCEDURES, & GUIDELINES:
- Prior to participating, participants must review the SCGA’s Policies & Procedures.
- The SCGA's mask policy follows in accordance with the CDC and the California Department of Public Health. This is subject to change due to any local guidelines or site protocols. Click here to learn more.
- All players will participate in an 18-hole stroke-play qualifier.
- Qualifiers will advance to the 30th California Senior Amateur Championship at Hillcrest CC in Los Angeles, CA on November 8 – 10, 2021.
- The final number of qualifying spots at each site will be available from the Committee on the day of play.
- All ties at the qualifier will be broken using the USGA suggested method of matching scorecards (Committee Procedures: Section 5A (6)).
STARTING TIMES & PAIRINGS:
- Starting times and pairings will be emailed to players and posted online at scga.org/tournaments/champ-cal/cal-am one week in advance of the qualifier.
- There will not be a player registration process on the morning of the qualifier.
- Lead groups should plan to be at their assigned tee 10 minutes in advance of their starting time. Subsequent groups are encouraged to arrive once the preceding group has teed off. Players arriving late will be penalized under Rule 5.3a of the Rules of Golf. For example, the 9:00 a.m. starting time is defined as 9:00:00, and players arriving after that time are considered late.
- The Carlsbad Golf Center will be available by 6:30 a.m. on the day of the qualifier. Buckets of balls will be available at normal rates.
- El Camino CC has a hitting net players may use with limited space.
TEES & YARDAGES:
- Refer to the Yardage Information section on the Event Portal for hole-by-hole yardages.
- The tee marker color to be used at each site is listed in the qualifying site-specific information below.
QUALIFYING SITE-SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Soule Park GC, Ojai (Friday, October 8):
- Practice Rounds: Contact the golf shop at (805) 646-5633 or go to souleparkgc.com to schedule a practice round. Standard rates apply.
- Tee Markers: Play will be from the ORANGE tee markers.
- Cart Fee (Day of Qualifier): $18 per player, optional at player’s expense.
- Food Service & Purchases: The snack bar will open at 6:30 a.m. Cash and major credit cards will be accepted.
Morongo GC at Tukwet Canyon (Champions), Beaumont (Thursday, October 14):
- Practice Rounds: Contact the golf shop at (951) 845-0014 or go to tukwetcanyon.com to schedule a practice round. Standard rates apply.
- Tee Markers: Play will be from the BLUE tee markers (Black yardages to be used on Holes 1, 3, 5, & 13).
- Cart Fee (Day of Qualifier): $20 per player, optional at player’s expense.
- Food Service & Purchases: The grill and snack bar will be closed. Beverage carts with pre-made items and beverages will be on course and available during play.
El Camino CC, Oceanside (Monday, October 25):
- Practice Rounds: Practice rounds will be available on Sunday, October 24 after 1 p.m. Players may contact the golf shop at 760-757-2100, $60 per player with cart included.
- Tee Markers: Play will be from the BLUE tee markers.
- Cart Fee (Day of Qualifier): $16 per player, optional at player’s expense.
- Food Service & Purchases: The snack bar/restaurant will open at 7 a.m. Cash and major credit cards will be accepted.
RULES OF PLAY
RULES OF PLAY:
- The Rules of Golf as approved by the USGA and the R&A govern play.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition can be found on the CGA Hard Card and the Notice to Players that will be distributed onsite.
- Click here to review the SCGA Pace of Play Policy.
GOLF CARTS & PULL/PUSH CARTS:
- Automotive transportation is optional at the player’s expense; however, players who are able and willing to walk may do so.
- There will be a maximum of two carts per group and two bags per cart. Players wishing to ride will be expected to share a cart with another player.
- Each player is entitled to one seat in a cart. If a player brings a caddie, the caddie may ride provided there is a vacant seat in one of the carts. Otherwise, either the player or the caddie must walk.
- Drivers must be at least 16 years of age (or older if club policy dictates).
- Pull or push carts are permitted.
CADDIES & SPECTATORS:
- Players may provide their own caddie (see section on Golf Carts).
- Spectators are permitted but are not allowed in carts. Spectators must adhere to all policies set forth by the club.
- Please see site-specific qualifying information in for any restrictions on caddies and/or spectators.
Appropriate golf attire must be worn, including adhering to any club-specific policies.
CANCELATIONS & REFUNDS:
- To withdraw for any reason prior to the start of a SCGA competition, a player must notify the SCGA Championships & Golf Operations Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 980-3630.
- Failure to notify the SCGA will subject the player to suspension from future SCGA competitions.
- Refund Policy:
- Cancelation prior to the entry closing date: Full refund less a $10 administrative fee.
- Cancelation after the entry closing date and more than 48 hours prior to the start of the competition: 50% of the entry fee.
- Cancelation within 48 hours of the start of the competition: No refund.